COMMERCIAL DRIVE - LIVE!

NEWS ~ GOSSIP ~ FOOD ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ PEOPLE ~ COFFEE



ALL ABOUT THE MOST VIBRANT,
CULTURALLY DIVERSE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Food Review:Virtue vs. Ambiance, it's a bean-off

Virtue vs. Ambiance, it's a bean-off

Found this great little blog with some fun pics and great reviews.

It's called Full Bodied: Two Hot Fat Chicks on Wine and Other Good Things In Life.
Very fun stuff!!
Read their review of the Calabria and Prado.



This was me this Sunday, sitting in the window of Café Calabria on Commercial Drive, Frankie Murdocco's perfectly prepared cappu in front of me. All was right with the world: the sun was shining, a significant portion of the weekend was still available to be enjoyed, and my honey and I were about to take a walk around Trout Lake and then head over to the home of friends for tea and Wii.

Ah, the weekend. I remember it like it was two days ago.

Café Calabria is my absolute favourite coffee spot. It's friendly, busy and noisy but somehow never loud. It's a family business, run by elderly Frank and his handsome sons. Young Frankie pulls the most flavourful espresso (at least to my taste), while his father tends to pull it a bit scuro. Younger brother Vince is usually wrangling the terrific fresh panini (Franks's Special is my fave).
Read the full review here:

http://full-bodied.blogspot.com/2008/02/virtue-vs-ambiance-its-bean-off.html

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home