COMMERCIAL DRIVE - LIVE!

NEWS ~ GOSSIP ~ FOOD ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ PEOPLE ~ COFFEE



ALL ABOUT THE MOST VIBRANT,
CULTURALLY DIVERSE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

Thursday, February 15, 2007

What’s It Like to Squeegee Cars? Just Ask Steve...


Words and images taken with permission from Susan's Super Citizen Showcase

Today a guy tried to squeegee my car at 12th and Commercial, in East Vancouver, but I gave him the polite “no thanks” gesture. Then I parked, got out, introduced myself, and asked him if he would like to be my next Super Citizen Showcase subject.

Steve said he sometimes has access to the internet and would keep my business card so he could look at my blog. He instantly agreed to talk with me but he was reluctant to be photographed, after a bad experience on the front page of the Province in which his photo was printed directly below an unrelated headline that read: Homeless man spits on woman. I said: “How about if I don’t show your face clearly?” and he agreed, so I took two shots and showed them to him on my digital camera. One is pictured in this entry and I deleted the other because he thought it was too identifying.

Then I turned on my tape recorder – and taped this conversation:

Steve: I want to get out of here as soon as I can so I don’t get arrested.

Read more of this story here...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home