COMMERCIAL DRIVE - LIVE!

NEWS ~ GOSSIP ~ FOOD ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ PEOPLE ~ COFFEE



ALL ABOUT THE MOST VIBRANT,
CULTURALLY DIVERSE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Alejandro!!


I just wanted to pass on this little note i received from the founder and co-host of the World Poetry Cafe, Alejandro Mujica-Olea (seen here with co-founder Ariadne Sawyer, which I found to be inspiring. Today is his birthday.



Tomorrow I complete 60 years.

Good evening another time and welcome to the fantastic world of poetry with Ariadne Sawyer.

And at the technical board, Medi.

Your host and poet, Alejandro Mujica-Olea, will turn 60 years old, tomorrow, the 8th of August,2007.

Some of these periods of my life have been like an earthquake.

After an excellent youth, with a profession, stable work, married with one son and with great political possiblities.

My life brought me the first bite.

It has been 34 years since I was tortured and damaged psychologically which lasts until today.

My life was worthless and I could have been assasinated by the facist soldiers at any time.

Later I lived in the liberty that Canada brought me, and another blow knocked at my door.

There has passed 25 years from the day in which it was discovered that I had cancer and was given

3 months of life to work.

This diagnosis was confirmed by the US, Cuba, the Soviet Union and Germany.

I have lived 25 years and have ten times this fatal illness, only 3 years ago I had it again

and I was in danger of losing my life. Thanks to God, the treatment of vitamins and a vegetarian

lifestyle has saved my body of copper sheath..

This is the treatment that is in my book: Your Love Killed My Cancer, by World Poetry Publishing.

I will celebrate my 60 years in a Tibetan Buddist temple with a special ceremony and refreshments.

This will be good since I want to reflect on the past and think of the future.

“My soul is happy

I sing, laugh and recite poetry.

I am content to live

in this ocean of Earth.

white, green and gold.

Oh Canada

(Qoute from page 179, Contentment from Your Love Killed My Cancer.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home